Part of my type A personality is my love of list making. I make lists for almost anything, from shopping to things to remember. Now, just because I make lists does not mean I always follow them exactly. For example, my grocery list…should cost $50, but I leave the store spending at least twice that. So today my thought was to make a different kind of list. A list of things I like about being a mommy. Although my list could go on forever, I decided to limit myself to only seven items. So here we go:
- I love the snuggle time. My infant is a great, but my toddler has to be in the mood to let mommy hold him. I guess he is too cool for that now.
- I love the one-on-one times. Both of my boys are awesome at spending one-on-one time with mommy.
- I love loving my boys. True unconditional love is the only way to describe my love for my boys. Speaking of love…
- I love how my boys love me. My toddler is awesome at telling me he loves me.
- Hugs and kisses. What could be better than that? Giving or receiving, both are wonderful.
- Knowing that I have a responsibility to these babies gives me an incredible sense of purpose.
- Lastly, although not directly related, I love being a mommy with my husband. He is a great daddy to our boys. What could be more special that sharing this amazing role with a man I love with all of my heart.